Safety, clinical and parasitological efficacy of the OVIMAX proprietary medicinal product in sheep in Morocco
The field trial aimed to evaluate the safety, clinical and parasitological efficacy of OVIMAX in sheep in Morocco.
Two farms were invested and in each farm two groups designated A and B were trained:
Livestock 1 at Gharb: 350 sheep
Group A1: Processed by OVIMAX?
Group B1: Untreated control
Livestock 2 in Zaers: 80 sheep
Group A2: Treated by the OVIMAX?
Group B2: Untreated witness
The animals in each batch were marked with different color loops placed on the right ear.
Follow-up was done for the following parameters:
- Safety: Observation of possible adverse effects in group A (A1 & A2) treated animals during the first 4 hours after administration of the product and 12 days post treatment. The side effects sought were the immediate signs of post-treatment anaphylactic shock
- Clinical efficacy: Based on the observation of the evolution of the clinical signs and symptoms (diarrhea, anemia, jetage ....), caused by the target parasites of the specialty OVIMAX before treatment and 12 days after in treated animals compared with untreated controls.
- Parasitological efficacy: was determined by the establishment of parasitological assessment based on pre-treatment (day 0) and day 12 (day 12) after treatment. Based on the m.e.v. eggs and helminth larvae in the feces.
1. The product OVIMAX is harmless in sheep of all ages and at different physiological stages,
2. The clinical efficacy of the product is good on the parasitoses studied.
3. The complete disappearance of the symptoms and signs attributed to the digestive nematodes, the trematode Fasciola hepatica, the respiratory strongles and Oestrus ovis in the treated animals corroborates with the parasitological efficacy,
4. The parasitological efficacy obtained is very good and is in line with the standards recommended by the WAAVP.
Please download the full report
2018 © All rights reserved.